St. Paul's Convent School, Primary Section
This webpage contains library search steps , search tips, and resource evaluation tips.
1. Why should I include references in my work?
- To show the range of reading that you have done.
- To support your own arguments with reliable sources and data.
- It is a basic academic requirement to show details of the sources of your information, ideas and arguments. Doing so means that
you cannot be accused of plagiarism, i.e.stealing from another person's work.
2. When should I include references in my work?
- When you quote someone else's work.
- When you rewrite or summarise someone else's work in your own words.
3. How do I include references in my work?
Click here to find out about project learning
Click here to take a quiz