My Hero is You: How kids can fight COVID-19.
MENTAL HEALTH TIPS
A. Simple Anxiety Self Rating Scale
- Negative feelings keep coming into my mind made me feel panic.
- I feel annoyed and worried about daily activities.
- I am unable to sit still.
- I was forgetful and not able to concentrate.
- I feel my heart pounding.
- I feel breathless and suffocating.
- I feel nausea as if butterflies are in the stomach.
- I feel my throat blocked and not able to swallow.
- I feel muscle tension and not able to relax.
- I worry I might lose control, get insane or faint.
Calculate your points.
B. Simple Anxiety Self Rating Scale
- 0 point: Denial or no feeling at all.
- 1-2 points: Visitors.
- 3-4 points: Ordinary Hong Kong Citizens; might have some anxiety features yet still function normally.
- 5-7 points: Anxiety already affects one's daily living. Must learn stress management skills.
- 8 points: Anxiety already severely affecting you; what you need is prompt treatment.
C. 18 Tips to be resilient
Reference: Tsang Fan Kwong (2019). How to stay psychologically healthy? The Education University of Hong Kong.
- To accept
- Back to normal track
- Don't withdraw yourself
- Be connected
- Manage your emotions
- Avoid seeing crisis as insurmountable problems
- Keep things in perspective
- Accept change as part of living
- Move towards your goals
- Take decisive actions and do not expect the problem will go away by itself
- Look for opportunities for self-discovery
- Be optimistic
- Trust yourself and others
- Be optimistic and maintain hope
- Take good care of yourself
- Learn from past experiences
- Be flexible
- Be humble and seek help
Physical Health Tips
- Brush your teeth twice a day ??once in the morning and once before going to bed
- Have a bath and change your clothes every day
- Keep your hair tidy and clean
- Keep your hands clean: wash your hands before and after meals and after going to the toilet
- Clip your nails frequently
- Cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or a tissue when sneezing and coughing
- Cover wounds with adhesive plasters to avoid infection
- Avoid sharing personal items such as toothbrush, comb and towel with others
Healthy Eating Food Pyramid
Moments of Hand Hygiene
Hong Kong Department of Health, Student health service (2016). Health information: Healthy lifestyle. https://www.studenthealth.gov.hk/english/health/health_hl/health_hl_ahl.html.
Minnesota Department of Health (2019). When should I wash my hands? https://www.health.state.mn.us/people/handhygiene/why/whenwash.html.
UNICEF Hong Kong (2018). Clean hands save lives: Handwashing steps. https://www.unicef.org.hk/en/event/global-handwashing-day/clean-hands-save-lives/.